Which workshop is right for you --
the original workshop, or the workshop for self-published authors?
Both are content-packed and offer a great deal of feedback, but the workshop for self-published authors includes a component on how to publicize a book launch. Register for the original workshop on this page, or click the link to register for the Self-Published Authors Workshop.
Book Publicity 101: How to Build Book Buzz
- October 6-31, 2008
- $179 for WOW Members | Register
“Book Publicity 101: How to Build Book Buzz” is a dynamic, highly-interactive four-week online course offered in partnership with Freelance Success, the popular subscription newsletter and online community for established nonfiction writers. You will learn how to get – and keep – your book in the news. We’ve had lots of exciting author success stories coming out of this course during the past few years. Like those students, you will learn how to:
- Create a book publicity blueprint that makes the most of your available resources
- Craft the most compelling media materials needed to generate results
- Conduct a virtual book tour with bloggers who can help you build buzz quickly
- Employ the media relations tools that will take you the farthest fastest
- Prepare for media interviews – print, broadcast, online
- Generate high-impact radio interviews
- Build an author Web site that supports book sales and other goals
- And much, much more
Here’s how the course works:
- It’s taught in a forum format, with lessons and homework assignments posted online in a private, password-protected forum. The forum is very easy to navigate and use.
- After reviewing instructional materials and resources, students complete and post weekly assignments that help them discover how easy it is to create book buzz.
- I provide very specific and constructive feedback on the homework so that students leave the course with actual tools they can use to generate buzz.
- Student interaction on the forum enhances the learning experience by offering fresh perspectives and new ideas for all participants.
- A free-for-all Q&A corner lets students get answers to questions not covered in the course materials, making this a highly-personalized learning experience for nonfiction and fiction authors.
"I've learned so much, and am enjoying every minute of it. You've created a wonderful program, and you deliver it beautifully."
--Dorothy Pedersen, author of three books
"I took Sandy's class 2 years ago and she taught me everything I know about book publicity. She is the best. I highly recommend this to anyone with a book to sell. The course material is great, but so is her attention to your particular problems and questions. She was an amazing help to me and I use the things she taught me every day."
--Brette Sember, author of more than 20 books
“The homework feedback was excellent, but so were the class materials.”
--Yvonne Jeffery, author, The Everything Fix-It Book
“I feel like I'm much better prepared with good ideas for getting the word out.”
--Kris Bordessa, author, TEAM TASKS: Activities to encourage creativity, cooperation and communication
Register for the next session now !
$179 for WOW Members